Electronic waste, or e-waste, is a term for electronic products that have become unwanted, non-working or obsolete, and have essentially reached the end of their useful life.
As per E-waste Rule 2016, the E-waste defined as ‘electrical and electronic equipment, whole or in part discarded as waste by the consumer or bulk consumer as well as rejects from manufacturing, refurbishment and repair processes.
E-waste contains many valuable, recoverable materials such as aluminium, copper, gold, silver, plastics, and ferrous metals. In order to conserve natural resources and the energy needed to produce new electronic equipment from virgin resources, electronic equipment can be refurbished, reused, and recycled instead of being land-filled.
E-waste also contains toxic and hazardous materials including mercury, lead, cadmium, beryllium, chromium, and chemical flame retardants, which have the potential to leach into our soil and water.
Benefits of E-waste Recycling
Electronics Recycling Conserves Natural Resources
There are many materials that can be recovered from old electronics. These materials can be used to make new products, thus reducing the need to mine for new raw materials. For instance, various metals can be recovered from computer circuit boards and other electronics, and the plastics and glass found in computer monitors and televisions can be recycled.
Electronics Recycling Supports the Community
Donating your old electronics plays an important role in the provision of refurbished products such as computers and mobile phones, which can be of great help to low-income families, schools, and not-for-profit organizations. It also helps individuals gain access to technology that they could not have otherwise afforded.
Electronics Recycling Creates Employment Locally
Considering that around 90 percent of electronic equipment is recyclable, electronics recycling can play a significant role in creating employment. This is because new firms dealing with electronics recycling will form and existing firms will look to employ more people to recover recyclable materials. This can be triggered by the increase in the demand for electronics recycling.
Electronics Recycling Helps Protect Public Health and the Environment
Many electronics have toxic or hazardous materials such as mercury and lead, which can be harmful to the environment if disposed of in trashcans. Reusing and recycling electronics safely helps in keeping the hazardous materials from harming humans or the environment. For example, televisions and computer monitors are hazardous since they have lead in them. Printed circuit boards contain harmful materials such as cadmium, lead, mercury and chromium. Also, batteries in computers and other electronics may contain hazardous materials such as cadmium, mercury and lead.
Instead of keeping old electronics in the house or dumping them in landfills, recycling or reusing them is an appropriate option that should be supported by individuals and organizations. Considering the benefits of electronics recycling, it is very important that people in various parts around the world embrace this concept.
Role & Responsibility as a PRO
As per the E-Waste Management Rules, 2016 a Producer Responsibility organization is a professional organization authorized or financed collectively or individually by producers which can take the responsibility of for collection & channelization of E-Waste generated from the end of life from electronics to ensure environmentally sound management of such E-Waste.
Role of M/S ECOWISE TRADING PRIVATE LIMITED AS A PRO
As a PRO M/S ECOWISE TRADING PRIVATE LIMITED will facilitate producer or producers in meeting their legal obligation that includes fulfilling their collection targets, setting up of collection centre on PAN India level, running take back system, awareness about E-waste through different medium (through media, digital awareness, training programme)
Responsibility of M/S ECOWISE TRADING PRIVATE LIMITED AS A PRO
- As a PRO M/S ECOWISE TRADING PRIVATE LIMITED will be collecting & channelizing the E-Waste on behalf of Authorized Producers for environmentally sound management of such waste.
- As a PRO M/S ECOWISE TRADING PRIVATE LIMITED will be establishing a collection mechanism which includes direct collection from customer’s premises or door to door collection, E-Waste exchange etc.
- Arrangement of buy back , take back scheme
- Establishment of Collection points on PAN India
- Arrangement of logistic
- Ensure environmentally sound management transportation, storage, recycling of collected E-Waste.
- Conducting awareness programme among consumers/bulk consumers/producers for collection & channelization of E-Waste.
- Helping Producers in filling quarterly/annual returns as per the E-Waste Management rules.
General Scheme of Collection
- M/s ECOWISE TRADING PRIVATE LIMITED is connected with the M/s ETCO E-WASTE RECYCLER PVT. LTD., SB-22, Shilpbari, VKI area, Jaipur-302013 for the safe recycling & disposal of E-Waste.
- M/s ETCO E-WASTE RECYCLER PVT. LTD. is a Registered Recycler with Rajasthan State Pollution Control Board having an authorization of 1446 MTA.
- M/s ECOWISE TRADING PRIVATE LIMITED will collect the E-Waste on behalf of producer from PAN India Level, & their logistics partner M/s OM LOGISTICS LTD registered at “D-57 SITE-IV, SECT-31 HONDA SEAL CAR, GREATER NOIDA GAUTAM BUDDHA NAGAR, UTTAR PRADESH, 201308 will transport the E-Waste collected to M/s ETCO E-WASTE RECYCLER PVT. LTD. recycling plant facility situated at SB-22, Shilpbari, VKI area, Jaipur-302013.
- Take back system by running Buy back arrangement - Under buy back scheme, in case where the customer wants to discard their old product, they may call at the Toll free number of M/s ECOWISE TRADING PRIVATE LIMITED and representatives of M/s ETCO E-WASTE RECYCLER PVT. LTD. shall approach to the customer and buy the said discarded product from the customer.
- Direct Collection from Customer’s premises or door to door collection - For collection of E-Waste Customer can call on toll free number and the E-Waste will be collected from direct customer premises.
- Toll free Number (18004197875) – Our Toll free Number is available for Customers.
- Awareness – Awareness through media, digital awareness, advertisement, conducting training in schools, RWA, Colleges, through website, social media.
- M/s ECOWISE TRADING PRIVATE LIMITED has signed an agreement with M/s ETCO E-WASTE RECYCLER PVT. LTD. Recycling plant facility situated at SB-22, Shilpbari, VKI area, Jaipur-302013 for the safe recycling & disposal of E-Waste.
- M/s ECOWISE TRADING PRIVATE LIMITED has signed an agreement with M/s OM LOGISTICS LTD for the channelization of E-Waste to the recycling facility.
Collection Centre Details
- M/s ECOWISE TRADING PRIVATE LIMITED has signed an agreement with M/s OM LOGISTICS LTD registered at D-57 SITE-IV, SECT-31 HONDA SEAL CAR, GREATER NOIDA GAUTAM BUDDHA NAGAR, UTTAR PRADESH, 201308 for the channelization of E-Waste to the recycling facility.
- Arrangement of collection centre will be from M/s OM LOGISTICS LTD. On behalf of M/s ECOWISE TRADING PRIVATE LIMITED & its clients. M/s OM LOGISTICS LTD will ensure safe & environmentally sound transportation of E-Waste to the recycling facility.
Details of collection points of M/s OM LOGISTICS LTD with contact details are mentioned below.
E-Waste material collection center/point
Collection Facilities (Collection Point /Centers, Warehouse)
|STATE/ BRANCH||CITY/TOWN||ADDRESS||CONTACT PERSON/MOBILE NO/MAIL ID|
|ANDHRA PRADESH||KADAPA||OM LOGISTICS LTD D/NO-3/328, SREE RAMA NAGAR CHINNA CHOWK, LANDMARK NEAR KADAPA SUB-JAIL & YSR CIRCLE , KADAPA - 516002||MR. SUMEET [email protected]|
|ANDAMAN & NICOBAR ISLANDS|| ||OM LOGISTICS NEPAL LTD SURVEY NO.: 37/2 22 CHURCH LANE GOALGHAR PORT BLAIR TEHSIL SOUTH ANDAMAN -744101||MR. SUMEET [email protected]|
|BIHAR||PATNA||OM LOGISTICS LTD NEAR NH-30 MAHADEV STHAN NEAR BYPASS THANA MIRCHA MIRCHI ROAD PAIZAWA, TENT CITY AREA-800009||MR. SUMEET [email protected]|
|ASSAM||GUWAHATI||OM LOGISTICS LTD. M/S LODHASONS CONSULTANCY SERVICES PRIVATE LIMITED CARE OF SRI NRIPEN DAS ,BETAKUCHI, BEHIND BHARGAV HOTAL ,DTO OFFICE , OPP- TIRUPATI BALAJI TEMPLE N.H. WAY 37,,GUWAHATI -781035,ASSAM||MR. SUMEET [email protected]|
|CHANDIGARH|| ||OM LOGISTICS LTD PLOT NO-186,IND AREA PHASE-2 RAMDARBAR CHANDIGARH - 160002||MR. SUMEET [email protected]|
|DELHI|| ||21 RING ROAD , TRANSPORT CENTRE (NEAR PUNJABI BAGH FLY OVER) NEW DELHI-110035||MR. SUMEET [email protected]|
|GOA||MAPUSA||OM LOGISTICS LTD ASSMAS ARCADE BUILDING SHOP NO-09 KARAWADA MAPUSA GOA- 403526||MR. SUMEET [email protected]|
|GUJARAT||GANDHINAGAR||OM LOGISTICS LTD PLOT NO-101/3 GIDC ENGG ESTATE SECTOR-28 GANDHINAGAR GUJARAT -382028||MR. SUMEET [email protected]|
|HARYANA||AMBALA||N.H.1, OPP.- MIRCHI RESTORENT NEAR KAUSHAL FILLING STATION SAMBALKHI ROAD, MOHRI , AMBALA (HARYANA) PIN CODE – 136135||MR. SUMEET [email protected]|
|HIMACHAL PRADESH||SOLAN||OM LOGISTICS LTD RADHA SOAMI SATSANG ROAD,VILL.ANJI, (645) BAROG R S SOLAN HIMACHAL PRADESH-173211||MR. SUMEET [email protected]|
|JHARKHAND||ADITYAPUR||OM LOGISTICS LIMITED NEAR SUDHA DAIRY RAMAKRISHNA FORGIN PLANT -1 BACK SIDE B-6, 2 PHASE INDUSTRIAL AREA ADITYAPUR JHARKHAND-831013||MR. SUMEET [email protected]|
|JAMMU & KASHMIR|| ||OM LOGISTICS LTD H.N.-6,WARD NO.- 4 RAJEEV COLANY NEAR BISHNA ROAD BARI BRAHMNA OPP. ARMY TRAINING GROUND JAMMU-181133||MR. SUMEET [email protected]|
|KARNATAKA||BANGALORE||OM LOGISTICS LTD NH4 PUNE TO BANGALORE HIGHWAY OPPOSITE OF INDIAN PETROL BANK DABBASPET .BANGALORE -562111 KARNATAKA KARNATAKA INDIA||MR. SUMEET [email protected]|
|KERALA||TRIVENDRUM||OM LOGISTICS LTD. KALLUVETTANKUZHI, VIZHINJAM-(PO), NEAR CHRIST NAGAR COLLEGE KOVALAM, TRIVENDRUM, KERALA-695521||MR. SUMEET [email protected]|
|MAHARASHTRA||AMRAVATI||OM LOGISTICS LTD. DARMZLAND COMPLEX BLOCK NO:B-4 SINDH LINE AMRAVATI 444901 MAHARASHTRA||MR. SUMEET [email protected]|
|ODISHA||SAMBALPUR||OM LOGISTICS LTD. N.H.6, NEAR SHANTI ROADWAYS, BARAIPALI, SAMBALPUR - 768150 (ODISHA)||MR. SUMEET [email protected]|
|PUNJAB||JALANDHAR||OM LOGISTICS LTD PLOT NO-44/45 BACK SIDE BABA RULIA SHAH JI CANAL ROAD INDUSTRIAL AREA JALANDHAR PIN CODE-144004 STATE – PUNJAB||MR. SUMEET [email protected]|
|PUDUCHERRY|| ||OM LOGISITICS LTD NO.70,71,78,79 SENTHIL NAGAR,MUTHIRAYARPALAYAM,PONDY-605009||MR. SUMEET [email protected]|
|RAJASTHAN||ALWAR||OM LOGISTICS LTD NEAR SARE PUNJAB HOTEL DELHI ROAD MIA ALWAR DIST. ALWAR -301001 STATE – RAJASTHAN||MR. SUMEET [email protected]|
|SIKKIM||RANGPO||OM LOGISTICS LTD NEAR SMOKE TESTING CENTER. IBM, RANGPO, EAST SIKKIM, PIN-737132.||MR. SUMEET [email protected]|
|TAMIL NADU||CHENNAI||OM LOGISTICS LTD. INDUSTRIAL PLOT NO. 12, INDUSTRIAL AREA - III, GUDALUR VILLAGE, CHENNAI, TAMIL NADU||MR. SUMEET [email protected]|
|TELANGANA||HYDERABAD||SURVEY NUMBER 521/A/02 VILLAGE PUDUR NEAR RELIANCE WAEHOUSE MEDCHAL MANDAL, DISTICT TELANGANA 501401||MR. SUMEET [email protected]|
|TRIPURA||AGARTALA||OM LOGISTICS LTD. ASSAM AGARTALA ROAD(N.H-44) RESHAMBAGAN NEAR BY RESHAM BAGAN ATHLETICS CLUB AGARTALA, WEST TRIPURA PIN CODE-799008||MR. SUMEET [email protected]|
|UTTARAKHAND||HALDWANI||OM LOGISTICS LTD JEETPUR NEGI, MANPUR WEST RUDRAPUR ROAD HALDWANI (NAINITAL) 263139.UTTARAKHAND||MR. SUMEET [email protected]|
|UTTAR PRADESH||LUCKNOW||OM LOGISTICS LTD, G - 28/308,G-29/308 NEAR PARKING NO.5, TRANSPORT NAGAR , LUCKNOW UTTAR PRADESH, PIN - 226012||MR. SUMEET [email protected]|
|WEST BENGAL||KOLKATA||OM LOGISTICS LTD P-46 EXTN.NEAR BRACE BRIDGE RAILWAY STATION,HIDE ROAD, KOLKATA-700088 WEST BENGAL||MR. SUMEET [email protected]|